This week was a fabric dyeing week. I looked over the samples that I made last week and decided which of the samples I likes best for my current quilt project. I dyed 6 yellows and 6 greens. I thought I would like shades of a single color, but I determined that using several shades of two different colors of dye gave me a better color match to the samples that the client provided. I now have about 20 yards of fabric ready to cut up and assemble into the two quilts.
Below is a picture of the greens lined up during the batching process. The little buckets of dye and fabric are quietly doing their job to finally end up with a stack of fun fabric shades.