We have spent the last several years trying to improve our landscaping. Back in January we decided to give ourselves a deadline to help keep us motivated. This project has taken a lot of time from our evenings and weekends over the last 4 years, but it has been very satisfying.
Our deadline was Memorial Day. As the day was approaching and we were getting tired we decided to invite a few friends over for a bbq to give us the extra motivation we needed to finish all the little details. Things like cleaning the deck and sidewalks of years of dirt and mud. I am happy to say that we made our deadline and are thrilled with the results. Now we get to see how green our thumbs are.
The last picture is of the fountain we intend to build. It consists of a flower pot, a piece of slate, a gazing ball and a pond enclosure that you can’t see buried in the dirt. With any luck, we will be able to figure out a way to get the water from the pond enclosure to the top of the ball without too much trouble.
If you want to see more about this project, you can visit my family blog.